contact Alma's Engine
Get in touch to inquire about brining Alma's Engine to you. Open to all inquiries, but below you'll find a list of performances ready for your venue.
- Open ended and thought provoking. Perfect for an academic setting.
- Performance fee $500 not including travel & housing expenses.
Some things have to be make public - in the way that our bodies become public when we go outside... In this bilingual solo performance Eppchez uses their knack for lyric query, physical theater training, and an invented full-body puppetry style to explore the lives of The Lieutenant Nun and The Publik Universal Friend, two trans ancestors who made space for themselves in their own absurd eras. These three have a lot of processing to share.
Train-ing - A one troll show
Hesh has been posted by this bridge since it was first built. No one knows this spot quite like this dutiful bridge troll, who reports every detail that can be gathered to Superintendent of the Universe. But Hesh is not one to speak for the train or the oil it carries, the river, the rocks, or the particles of pollution. Ey prefers to act as a conduit for their songs. Weaving together the sung portrait of this spot across time and the elements to reveal the complex tangle of human structures and natural processes that make up the world as we inhabit it.
- Appropriate for all ages - recommended for ages 8 and up
Ask about Train-ing as a fundraiser.
Hold Space for a Performance
I am available to perform at the original site in Bartram's Garden. When you contact me for your group or organization suggest some possible dates at least 2 weeks in advance.
Book Train-ing as private programing for a field trip organization or retreat for $300
Help get the word out in your networks and make it a fundraiser. %50 split of audience donations.
I will be adapting the show for different regions and performing under freight bridges all over the US and Canada. But first I need your help to find suitable locations and local environmental / historical / educational / religious organizations to partner with. Reach out to help organize a performance in your area.
Book to play music
Tell me about your event or venue. With a repertoire of more than 30 original songs I can pull together a thoughtful and affecting set for just about any occasion. I play solo sets with vocals, looping, and guitar.
Book eppchez! as a speaker or to lead a workshop
- Unlearning Prejudice: noticing and transforming patterns of subconscious bias.
- Bleach Stains: The construction and defensive postures of American Whiteness; one Jewish & Cuban Quaker's experience with passing as White in lefty, elite America.
- Letting things ripen. Waiting worship and Quaker practice as part of artistic process.
- Imagining your authentic intimate parts: Inventing non-binary sexuality: junk that speaks to my condition, art objects to pack with and other innovations.